Vietnam’s animal feed additives market is expected to reach $160.5 million by 2022.
Increasing per capita meat consumption is expected to be major factor driving Vietnam animal feed additives market over the next seven years. With increasing meat consumption, domestic market for animal feed has been experiencing significant growth since the last few years. Increasing requirements for high quality feed from animal farmers is expected to drive demand for feed additives such as feed enzymes, feed acidifiers, amino acids and antioxidants.
Antibiotics emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for over 36 percent of the total market revenue in 2014. Nascent domestic probiotics production coupled with animal farmer’s inclination towards antibiotics as growth promoters has been instrumental in its growth. Increasing incidences of microbial diseases among farm animals is expected to drive antibiotics demand over the forecast period. Funding initiatives to develop probiotics domestically is expected to challenge antibiotics consumption since most animal farmers prefer the latter owing to their easy availability and cheaper costs compared to antibiotics.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Vietnam animal feed additives market was $112.4 million in 2014, and is expected to reach $160.5 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.7 percent from 2015 to 2022.
- Feed acidifiers are expected to be the fastest growing product segment over the next seven years on account of their increasing consumption in poultry feed. Shift in meat consumption from pork to poultry is expected to further drive poultry feed demand, thus further complementing feed acidifiers growth.
- Poultry was the largest application market and accounted for more than 38 percent of the total market revenue in 2014. Increasing per capita poultry consumption is expected to be a major factor driving its growth over the forecast period. Apart from being the largest application segment, poultry is also projected to be the fastest growing application segment in the nation.
- Vietnam animal feed additives market is highly dependent on imports. Animal feed additives imports accounted for more than 77 percent of the overall consumption in 2012. Antibiotics were the leading product imported followed by amino acids.
- Vietnam animal feed additive exports grew by 12 percent from 2012 to 2014, primarily driven by growing domestic production that can be attributable to government initiatives to promote investment in domestic animal feed and feed additives market.
- Vietnam animal feed additives market is largely dominated by overseas producers who account for more than 70 percent of the total market. Easing of FDI norms to promote foreign capital has been a major factor for increasing presence of multinational companies in the regional market.
ASIAN AGRIBIZ, ASIAN MEAT, ASIAN PORK, ASIAN POULTRY & ASIAN FEED
Insight news on Meat, poultry, pork, beef, diary industry
Email : email@example.com
Hochiminh City, Vietnam
Linkedin profile: https://vn.linkedin.com/pub/ha-thu/34/381/48b